CICA 2021 International Conference FAQ
Is CICA taking safety precautions in the wake of the COVID-19 Pandemic?
Caring for conference attendees during these everchanging times is our top priority. CICA is working closely with the JW Marriott and continues to follow appropriate guidelines.
Will the CICA 2022 International Conference be held in person?
Yes, the CICA 2022 International Conference will take place from March 6 – 8, 2022 at the JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa Tucson, Arizona, USA.
How can I stay informed about CICA’s upcoming events?
The best way to stay up to date on CICA news is to join our mailing list. Create an online account to hear about the latest CICA news.
How do I register for the CICA 2021 Fall Forum?
You are encouraged to register online. Visit our Registration page for links and instructions. You can also call CICA at (952) 928-4655 to register or pay over the phone. If you would prefer to complete a PDF registration form, email CICA staff at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy.
Can I register more than one person from the same company?
Yes. You have the option to register multiple people from the same company. You need to register each individual one at a time, but will be able to pay for all registrants upon checkout. If you are registering three or more people from the same company, use the Group Registration Form to receive a 10% discount. Please email CICA staff at email@example.com or call 952-928-4655 with questions.
Why do I see the wrong registration rate when I try to register online?
The conference registration rates are determined by your membership type in the CICA database. If you believe you should receive a different rate, please email CICA staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 952-928-4655.
Will I receive a receipt after I have registered online?
Yes, you will receive an emailed receipt that will summarize your conference registration after payment has been accepted. Please email CICA or call 952-928-4655 if you did not receive an email receipt.
How do I choose my golf partner(s) when I register online?
When you register for the golf tournament there is an option to list your preferred golf partner(s). You can always email CICA at a later time to change or add a requested partner.
How do I cancel my registration and/or substitute a co-worker online?
You will need to email CICA Staff at email@example.com or call 952-928-4655 to cancel a conference registration and/or substitute a co-worker. Cancellations on or before 9/10/21 are eligible for a refund equal to 50% of the total due. Cancellations after 9/10/20 are not eligible for a refund. Substitutions are possible.
If I update my contact information when I register for the conference online, does it update my main record?
No. Your conference registration information will not update your main record. Once logged in, you need to click on “My Account” at the top of the CICA homepage to update your main record and make any permanent changes to your contact information.
I am an exhibitor or sponsor – how should I register for the event?
Please contact Stephanie Purcel at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
Public Health and Hotel Guidelines and Requirements
CICA will comply with all Arizona public health requirements for public meetings, events and travel when planning for and holding the 2021 Fall Forum. CICA will also comply with JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa and Marriott International guidelines as required. As the guidelines are regularly updated, our policies are subject to change as we approach the Fall Forum dates.
- As an association whose members are focused on risk management, CICA strongly encourages all participants and their guests to be fully vaccinated prior to attending the Fall Forum.
- All attendees, exhibitors, speakers and CICA staff must provide proof of COVID-19 full vaccination, or a negative COVID-19 test result to gain access to the event. Fully vaccinated is two weeks post 2nd shot of Pfizer or other two dose vaccine or two weeks post single shot vaccine.
- CICA has contracted with HealthShield/42Chat to remotely gather vaccination and testing status information via text.
- You will need to upload proof of vaccination, or a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of the event before you will be able to attend the Fall Forum.
- All CICA staff in attendance are fully vaccinated.
- We have requested all vendors onsite and hotel staff be vaccinated.
If You Are Sick or Have Been Exposed
- If you are sick, showing any potential symptoms of COVID-19, tested positive for COVID-19 or were exposed to anyone who tested positive for COVID-19, you should stay home and request a refund.
- If you experience any symptoms of COVID-19 after your arrival, do not attend the Fall Forum events. Please alert both CICA and the JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa.
- If the wearing of masks is required by law and/or the meeting venue, it will be required at the Fall Forum.
- If the wearing of masks is not required by law or the meeting venue, then wearing a mask is a personal choice to be made by each attendee. View the meeting venue’s policy.
- If you are not fully vaccinated, we request that you wear a mask.
- We will have masks available if you do not have your own.
- Health screening will be required at the registration desk prior to being admitted to the Fall Forum. You will also receive daily health and safety protocol reminders.
- We will make contactless arrangements for registration, including distribution of badges and lanyards, for those who request it.
- We may implement capacity restrictions for meeting spaces.
- Marriott’s Commitment to Clean procedures will be adhered to for cleaning and sanitation.
Physical Distancing Appreciated
Physical distancing is encouraged. Red-yellow-green stickers will be available at the registration desk for people to self-select and place on their nametag, indicating their level of comfort interacting with other attendees.
- Red = respect social distancing, no physical contact
- Yellow = Ok with elbow bumps
- Green = handshakes welcomed
- Sanitizing stations will be positioned throughout the conference meeting space.
- Marriott’s Commitment to Clean procedures will be adhered to for cleaning and sanitation.
Personal Accountability Commitment
By attending the Fall Forum, you agree to abide by and engage in health-and-safety conduct as recommended by state and local governments and the meeting venue while attending the event. This includes, but is not limited to, wearing a mask during all conference events and in public areas if you are not fully vaccinated, respecting physical distancing standards in the meeting space, complying with travel quarantine requirements where applicable, and not attending the event if you are ill or have been recently exposed to or diagnosed with COVID-19. Please reference the links below for the latest government-issued travel restrictions and guidance from the Arizona Department of Health.
Our Policy is Subject to Change
- Please check back often for information on this Policy, as it may change.
- Note that the meeting venue and/or local and state governments may require additional measures beyond those stated here.
- All registrants must agree to the COVID-19 Waiver to attend the Fall Forum in person in 2021.
I understand and acknowledge that travel to and attendance at the 2021 CICA Fall Forum (the “Fall Forum”) may increase my risk of exposure to communicable diseases, including COVID-19 and its variants (“COVID-19”). I understand and acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk of exposure to or infection by COVID-19 by attending the Fall Forum. I understand that the risks associated with COVID-19 include but are not limited to serious and potentially life-threatening illness, long-term health effects, and even death. My attendance at the Fall Forum is voluntary. Knowing these facts, I wish to attend the Fall Forum in person and in consideration of educational, networking and other benefits of attending the Fall Forum knowingly assume the risks relating to COVID-19 associated with in-person attendance.
I HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, COVENANT NOT TO SUE, HOLD HARMLESS, AND FOREVER DISCHARGE ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DEMANDS OF WHATEVER KIND OR NATURE RELATING TO THE RISK OF EXPOSURE TO COVID-19 AGAINST THE CAPTIVE INSURANCE COMPANIES ASSOCATION (“CICA”) AND ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY “THE RELEASED PARTIES”), EITHER IN LAW OR IN EQUITY, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DEATH, BODILY INJURY, ILLNESS, ECONOMIC LOSS OR OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE, FAULT OR CONDUCT OF ANY KIND ON THE PART OF THE RELEASED PARTIES. IT IS MY INTENT THAT THIS RELEASE, WAIVER, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE SHALL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO DEATH, BODILY INJURY, ILLNESS, ECONOMIC LOSS OR OUT–OF-POCKET EXPENSES WHICH MY HEIRS, ASSIGNEES, NEXT OF KIN AND/OR LEGALLY APPOINTED OR DESIGNATED REPRESENTATIVES MAY HAVE OR WHICH MAY HEREINAFTER ACCRUE ON MY BEHALF, WHICH ARISE OR MAY HEREAFTER ARISE FROM MY ATTENDANCE AT THE FALL FORUM.
* You must agree to the COVID-19 waiver to attend the Fall Forum in person in 2021.
Ready to register?
Be sure to register before the September 10 Early Bird deadline to save.