The captive insurance industry is rich with individuals and organizations that have shaped the captive industry and fostered its growth. CICA’s annual awards honor these achievements.
The captive industry’s highest honors
CICA’s prestigious Distinguished Service Award and Outstanding Captive Award provide excellent opportunities to honor the achievements of outstanding professionals and organizations in the captive industry.
Watch the CICA 2020 Virtual Awards Ceremony:
CICA Distinguished Service Award
Awarded for the first time in 2006, the CICA Distinguished Service Award was created to recognize individuals or organizations who have made significant contributions to advancing the captive insurance industry.
Previous Distinguished Service Award Recipients:
- 2020: Charles “Chaz” Lavelle
- 2019: Gary Bowers
- 2018: European Captive Insurance and Reinsurance Owners’ Association (ECIROA)
- 2017: Karin Landry
- 2016: P. Bruce Wright
- 2015: Ian Kilpatrick
- 2014: Mike Lusk
- 2013: Gerald C. Yoshida
- 2012: Dan Labrie
- 2011: Michael R. Mead
- 2010: International Center for Captive Insurance Education (ICCIE)
- 2009: Kathryn A. Westover
- 2008: Thomas M. Jones
- 2007: Leonard D. Crouse, CFE
- 2006: Hugh Rosenbaum
CICA Outstanding Captive Award
Awarded for the first time in 2007, The CICA Outstanding Captive Award was created to recognize creative uses of a captive or risk retention group.
Previous Outstanding Captive Award Recipients:
- 2020: Ophthalmic Mutual Insurance Company (OMIC)
- 2019: American Contractors Insurance Group Ltd. (ACIG)
- 2018: Energy Insurance Services, Inc. (EIS)
- 2017: Fiat Lux Risk and Insurance Company
- 2016: Pleiades Insurance Co., Ltd.
- 2015: Three Rivers Insurance Company
- 2014: Snap-on SecureCorp Global Companies
- 2013: The Caribbean Catastrophe Risk Insurance Facility
- 2012: Agrinational Insurance Company
- 2011: The National Catholic Risk Retention Group, Inc.
- 2010: Exchange Indemnity Company, Verizon’s Primary Insurance Captive
- 2009: Raffles Insurance Ltd.
- 2008: Housing Authority Insurance Group, a Risk Retention Group
- 2007: STICO Mutual Insurance Company, a Risk Retention Group