CICA offers individual memberships that fit your business objectives. Once a Primary Member representative is designated from your company, additional applicants may choose the Affiliate Member rate.
Connect with the Captive Industry
The Captive Insurance Companies Association (CICA) brings together a vibrant community of captive insurance and risk management professionals from across the industry. Membership in CICA arms you with great ideas and business connections to optimize your captive to drive business success.
Enhance your captive business and your career. Join CICA today!Membership Flyer
2024 CICA Membership Fees
- Captive Owner/Risk Retention Primary Member—$935 For those whose primary job duties are as a risk manager and/or owner of a captive insurance company or risk retention group. This category is intended for a direct employee of the captive’s parent company or affiliated company with primary job function operating and managing the captive. This category is not for captive managers or service providers whose company has a captive. Members in this category have voting rights. This category includes two affiliate members at no extra cost (with each additional affiliate at $495 – see Affiliate description below).
- Captive Manager Primary Member—$935 For those whose primary job duties are administering or managing a captive insurance company or risk retention group. A Captive Manager is typically registered or approved by a domicile to maintain the financial books and records of the captive or risk retention group.
- Captive Owner/Risk Retention/Captive Manager Affiliate Member—$495 For an individual employed at a company that has another individual as a captive manager/risk retention member. One can only register as an Affiliate after they have another colleague with a paid primary membership. Affiliate members do not have voting privileges.
- Service Provider Primary Member—$2,310 For an individual who provides business services to captive insurance companies, risk retention groups or the designated representative of an owner. Service Provider members do not have voting privileges.
- Service Provider Affiliate Member—$440 For an individual employed at a company that has another individual as a Service Provider primary member. One can only register as an Affiliate after they have another colleague with a paid primary membership. Affiliate members do not have voting privileges.
- Academic Member – $550 For an individual employed full-time at an academic institution. This rate is intended for college Deans, professors or other teaching professionals. Those who teach part-time but whose primary functions lie outside of academia are not eligible for this rate. Academic members do not have voting privileges. This new category includes two Affiliate members at no additional cost. Additional Affiliates (beyond two) can be added at $495 per member.
- ICCIE ACI Recipient Member – Free For an individual who has successfully earned the International Center for Captive Insurance Education (ICCIE) Associate in Captive Insurance (ACI) designation. Read more details here.
*First CICA membership dues increase since 2014.
CICA has supported the International Center for Captive Insurance Education (ICCIE) with a financial contribution since 2009. We are pleased to announce an expanded partnership to support recent ACI recipients in their continuing education goals. Individuals who receive their ICCIE ACI designation on or after January 1, 2018 are eligible for a free 1-year CICA Membership.Sign Up Now
- Program is retroactive to January 1, 2018
- Free 1 year Membership for New ICCIE ACI designees
- Membership will extend through next full fiscal year
- ACI 1-year free memberships do not permit affiliate members
- Current CICA Members are not eligible
- No other CICA membership promotions can be applied to the free 1-year membership